The world is competitive in every way. If you are a student, you have to compete with your classmates. If you buy a house, you are competing with your neighbors on things like interior decoration and so on. Imagine how competitive the business world is. Competition is the utmost when money is involved. Thus, if you are the owner of a business, you need every trick and technique to optimize your reach to your target customer. It does not matter whether you are an online based company or not; you need to create your own website. To direct your customers to your website, you need search engine optimization.
What is search engine optimization? Whenever people search anything online through search engines such as Google or Bing, they tend to type in keywords. These keywords lead people to you. To build a SEO friendly website, you will have to include a lot relevant links, optimized content, and so on.
Why do you think you need SEO? If you were a consumer and wanted to buy something, you would probably go online and search for the product and collect all information. This is what people do these days. As a result, your business is advertised before a consumer while he or she is making a choice. A SEO friendly website even leads to increased traffic. Moreover, this form of marketing is very cost efficient. You do not need to waste a lot of money on printing leaflets. In a way, you are being environmental friendly by not using paper!
How to make your website SEO friendly
There are different ways of making your website SEO friendly. Firstly, you can make your website SEO friendly from the root by using professional web designing tools. After you have made a SEO friendly website design, you can focus on SEO for other components of the website.
SEO friendly website design
SEO is the marketing tool for this age and it is the best. A lot of people start considering SEO techniques after creating a website. However, it is way better to consider it while designing a website. The way you look at your website is different from the way a search engine looks at it. The search engine will crawl into every website and look for relevant content. Hence, it is crucial to design SEO friendly websites.
- Go for a receptive website design: a lot of surveys have shown that the number of mobile and tablet users using the internet are higher than the number of desktop users. This is why you need to design a responsive website. Search engines give better ranks to websites which are mobile friendly. Thus, you need to come up with a template or theme which will work on any platform.
- Use a keyword based navigation system: When you are planning a navigation system, make sure that you create it keeping SEO in mind. Both users and search engines make use of this. A keyword specific navigation system or URL will work way better. Moreover, you need to design the whole website using technology which search engines can follow. A SEO concerned website design company will make use of technology which is compatible with search engines. You might notice that designers will recommend CSS for a SEO friendly website.
- Make sure that you have redirected properly: while browsing the internet you might have run into a 404 error. This happens when an old page has been deleted but it has not been redirected properly. A lot of websites lose traffic because of this mistake. Use a 301 redirect. The 301 redirect is a permanent redirect and search engines can even follow it.
Making sure that you website is SEO friendly
After you have designed your website in a SEO friendly manner, you have to shift your focus to optimizing your content
- Include keyword in the headers: you already know that it is important to include relevant search engine optimized keywords throughout an article since it falls under the radar of all search engines. However, you might forget to include keywords in the heading. That’s a no no. when it comes to a website; you have to include important keywords in the headers of various pages. If you keep on using irrelevant keywords, you will notice that the traffic will decrease over time. Thus, to maintain a good flow of browsers, use simple keywords, but do not overdo it.
- Make your pictures SEO friendly: pictures are not text. So how do you make pictures SEO friendly? Name the picture using a SEO friendly keyword. When you decide to upload a photo, make sure that you are using an alt description. Page ranking also depends on loading speeds. Hence, to make sure that a search engine recommends your website, use smaller file sizes.
- Avoid copied content: make sure that the content you are providing on your website is not copied from some other website. Search engines do not prefer websites which have duplicate content. Search engines rank duplicate websites lower.
- Meta descriptions: you have made sure that the content is SEO friendly. Your headings are also relevant and your pictures are optimized. However, you did not write a proper Meta description. This might cost you a lot of traffic. This is because you can directly speak to your target audience through these descriptions. These are the descriptions which appear with websites on search engines. While writing a Meta description, try to tempt your audience. Entice them in such a way that they feel compelled to check out your website at least once.
The aforementioned top tips for making a website SEO friendly will change the outlook of your website for search engines. If you follow them properly, you are bound to get good results. Try these tips and you will be amazed when you see the true power of SEO.